[PLUG] Re: It might not be eloquent...

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Thu May 9 00:25:33 UTC 2002

Paul Heinlein wrote:

> In late March, I posted to PLUG a copy of the message I sent to Sens.
> Wyden and Smith and Rep. Hooley concerning Sen. Hollings' Consumer
> Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act, the successor to the
> SSSCA.

I sent a similar message to the same three. I received a snail mail
response from Senator Smith. Unlike your letter from Senator Wyden, this
one doesn't give me any hint as to what Senator Smith thinks on the
subject. Actually, now that I read it over, it sounds like he hadn't
heard of the issue before getting our letters.

Dated April 29, 2002, it reads:

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding digital
rights. Your comments are important to me.

Hearing the views of all Oregonians gives me the opportunity to better
understand how important issues could impact the people of Oregon and
the future interest of the nation. As your representative in the Senate,
please be assured that I will carefully consider the issues you have
raised.

Again, I appreciate your comments regarding digital rights. Please do
not hesitate to contact me again if I may be of assistance to you on
this or any other matter.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens