[PLUG] Type1 fonts for X and applications

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Thu May 9 18:33:20 UTC 2002

> On Thu, 9 May 2002, Galen Seitz wrote:
>
> > > 	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ISO8859-2/Type1
> >
> > This is a Latin 2 character set for Slavic and Central European languages.
>
>   I also have an ISO8859-9 directory there. A google search found nothing
> but the -1 (Western European) and -2 (Central European) sets.

I'm sure there are other places to find this, but one convenient place is
the configure help for the kernel (/usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help)
.

nls iso8859-9
CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_9
  If you want to display filenames with native language characters
  from the Microsoft fat filesystem family or from JOLIET CDROMs
  correctly on the screen, you need to include the appropriate
  input/output character sets. Say Y here for the Latin 5 character
  set, and it replaces the rarely needed Icelandic letters in Latin 1
  with the Turkish ones. Useful in Turkey.

galen