[PLUG] Apache 2.0.35 mod_ssl

mike collins mike at linuxlink.com
Fri May 10 08:59:28 UTC 2002

mindglow at dsl-only.net wrote:

> > Is it a key issue? I am stumped.  Too bleeding edge for my old bones?
> >
> > Thanks ahead.
> >

> > Mike
> >
> This message means that apache really didn't start. I had this problem
> recently and it turned out I had an incorrect IP in my VirtualAddress for
> SSL. Also, check to see if your listen statements are correct.
> What does a netstat -a show for ports 80 and 443?
>
> Doug

# netstat -a show | grep 80
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1480
#

 #netstat -a show | grep 443
#

nada...
 dern lying ps....

Hmmm.  thanks.

Also these boxes do not really have a registered fqdn yet.  Could that be
causing probs too.

Apache2 has a httpd.conf and an ssl.conf  .  I am still trying to wrap
myself around this concept.  I find no mention of ssl.conf in any docs.

More fun.

Mike