[PLUG] Linux on an iBook

Paul Mullen pem at nellump.net
Fri May 10 16:39:14 UTC 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 06:51:45AM -0700, dh at mda.huntbros.net wrote:

> I'm considering purchasing an Apple iBook M8577LL/C running OS X and am
> curious if anyone has experience with Apple's OS X cohabiting with Linux.

I've no direct experience, but I do recall a recent O'Reilly Net article
by Edd Dumbill outlining his experience installing Debian alongside OS X
on his new iBook. Apparently it was a pretty painless process.

<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/mac/2002/03/29/ibook_linux.html>

> will work in the UK and Ireland? The modem is described as "analog", 56K
> v.90, and I presume "analog" means it's not a winmodem. True?

IIRC, this is no longer the case. The modem now appears to be the
standard "win-modem" style.

Paul