[PLUG] Apache setup question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 10 17:59:54 UTC 2002

  Yesterday I configured built and intstalled apache-2.0.35. I placed the
source code on another host, but worked across the network to the
nfs-mounted filesystem. I mistakenly thought that the executables and
associated files would be installed on that host. Instead, they are
installed on the machine where I work.

  In httpd.conf I see a reference to taking care with lockfiles if the data
are stored on a nfs-mounted filesystem but the processes are running
locally. Based on your experience, is this much of a hassle to configure and
run or would I be better off removing the binaries and support files from
this box and re-installing directly from the other box.

  Because that host has much more room on the hard drives, that's where I
want the sites to be located.

TIA,