[PLUG] BOTS & Hidden Directories

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Sat May 11 17:39:52 UTC 2002

I'd like to supplement the file storage provided by my isp.  The idea is to
allow incoming port 80 requests to one of my own firewalled servers by
clicking a link on a hidden page on my isp web space.

Is this at all secure?  I don't see how anyone could possibly learn of a
webpage that is not referenced anywhere on the `public` site, but what do I
know.

Will incoming requests look like they are coming from pacifier.com (so I
can allow only that host), or will they be unique to the visitor?

--
Kyle Accardi