[PLUG] Mail log not rolling over

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Sat May 11 19:54:48 UTC 2002

Well here's the entry I have for my maillog.

/var/log/maillog {
    compress
    dateext
    maxage 365
    rotate 99
    size=+1024k
    notifempty
    missingok
    copytruncate
}

Create a new file called "maillog" in your /etc/logrotate.d directory or
add it to an existing file in that directory. I'm assuming that your
/etc/logrotate.conf has an include directive like so:

include /etc/logrotate.d

This causes logrotate to read all of the files in the /etc/logrotate.d
directory. The man page for "logrotate" defines all the configuration
values if you're unsure about any of the options.

Tony