[PLUG] Kylix?

Carla Schroder pluglist at bratgrrl.com
Sun May 12 08:52:11 UTC 2002

Well, I meant it as a loving but true jest. It is indisputable that a large part
of Linux's appeal is that it, and other open source /free apps, can be
legally obtained for no or very little cost. It is rather naive to believe
otherwise.

It is also naive to believe that Open Source/Free automatically = Good, and
that commercial/proprietary = Evil. That's just plain silly. There's stars
and stinkers in both worlds.

I've read the GPL, which is a work of genius, and nowhere does it say
software should not cost money, or that programmers should not be paid for
their efforts.

Carla