[PLUG] Kylix?

Peter W shark at sharky.dyndns.org
Sun May 12 19:40:25 UTC 2002

On Sun, 2002-05-12 at 12:27, Aaron Baer wrote:
> *snip*
> but I would say that Free is automatically
> Good and proprietary is automatically Evil.
> *snip*
>
> I would think that this statement might be better stated as:
>
> .. but I would say that _Open_ is automatically Good and _Proprietary_
> is automatically Evil...

Actually, when one says "Free" with the capital 'F', they usually are
talking about the same kind of *freedom* that the Free Software
Foundation stands for - which says that the code must be Open *AND* must
be freely redistributable to users.  This is much better than just Open
is because Microsoft can release "Open source" code which has so many
restrictions that it is useless (see: "Shared Source").

~Peter