[PLUG] Hardware problem - Summary

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Mon May 13 20:32:10 UTC 2002

rsteff at attbi.com said:
> I'll be finding a way to bond the legs of the two tables and the chair
> mat to each other (at one point) and then connect that bond point to
> the house ground by way of the screw on one of the outlets. I'll also
> try the anti-static spray ideas, but I think that providing a path for
> the charge to follow from the floor mat to the house ground will be
> the most productive.

If at all possible, you should put a high value resistor between the
house ground and your mat/table/chair.  A 100 kiloohm to 1 megaohm 1/4 Watt
resistor would be appropriate.  This is to prevent your body from becoming
a low resistance path to ground should you happen to accidentally contact
the AC mains.  You should be able to find a suitable resistor at Radio
Shack or Norvac.

galen