[PLUG] A Good Linux Book for Novices

mashanti at voaor.org mashanti at voaor.org
Mon May 13 21:15:37 UTC 2002

 To: PLUG
> Subject: [PLUG] A Good Linux Book for Novices
>
> I'd like to recommend the following book for newbies & novices (like
> me.)
> (I have no business interest in the sale of this book, btw.)
>
> Title "Linux! I didn't know you could do that..."
> Author: Nicholas D. Wells
> Publ: Sybex
> ISBN 0-7821-2935-8
> Price: $21.95 (Fry's)

	Based upon your recommendation, I went to Powell's Technical
	Bookstore and purchased a used copy of the book for 17.50.
	I have only had a few minutes to glance through the book but
	 have already recognized ways in which the book will be useful.

> The organization of this book overcomes a great gulf many if us novices
> have  in learning to use Linux 'around the house:'

	I agreee, the organization of the book is very helpful.
	There are four or five projects that I have an interest
	in working on and that via my brief overview, believe that
	the instructions will assist me.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Malaika