[PLUG] samba issue, racked my brain

Ken Nowack drake_stuff at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 20:27:44 UTC 2002

Hey all,

Was hoping someone here might be able to point me
where to look to resolve the samba pdc issue I'm
having.

I upgraded my samba package from 2.2.3a to 2.2.4 about
a week after it came out. Everything seemed to go fine
except i was having this strange printer issue. The
only user that was able to print was me. Which was
very odd considering the printer is shared
peer-to-peer from a windows machine. So I did some
snooping using ethereal and figured out that the
machine accounts were not working correctly, the pdc
was returning 'user unknown errors' when machines were
logging in. Yet I was still able to log on to the
domain, I'm assuming thats because of a windows bug I
found referenced in the samba mailing list archives.
Apparently the windows box will still log on users who
have previously logged on to the domain, but no new
ones. So anyway, I'm not sure what to do about this
now. I tried re-adding my machine accounts to no
avail. Anyone got any ideas where to go next?

Thanks much for your time,

Ken