[PLUG] Page margins

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed May 15 05:00:59 UTC 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002, David Bridges wrote:
> > $lpr textfile
>
> YMMV, but I have found that something like this works great for text
> files.
>
> cat textfile | enscript | lpr

I see folks post advice like this on this list all the time.

I don't know about you folk, but my copy of enscript will take a filename
on the command line as well as standard input and it automatically invokes
lpr.

So to achieve the same as above, I just type:
enscript textfile

Just so you know.  Save you a few keystrokes.

J.

"Note the obsessive use of abbreviations and avoidance of capital letters;
this is a system invented by people to whom repetitive stress disorder is
what black lung is to miners. Long names get worn down to three-letter
nubbins, like stones smoothed by a river."  -- Neal Stephenson

--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net