[PLUG] OpenOffice-1: need more than help offers

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 15 16:59:52 UTC 2002

  I've spent the past hour in the OpenOffice help system trying to learn how
I can set up an addressbook so I can generate form letters by mail merge. I
got to the point of finding where I can create an addressbook database type
(both collected and personal), and I've defined the fields, but I just
cannot find a hieroglyph or menu item that allows me to enter data into that
table. I've rummaged back and forth through the help system links, starting
with 'mail merge', and I cannot find the 'edit' icon to which they refer.

  Has anyone done this? Are there other docs available to supplement the
on-line help system? I don't think I'm really so dumb that I cannot
understand what I read, but I'm certainly missing something here.

Thanks,