[PLUG] Flatbed Scanner Recommendations

Marc marcm at easystreet.com
Thu May 16 05:24:35 UTC 2002

Hi Kyle,

A week or so ago Frye's was advertising an Epson 1250 for <$100, IIRC.
However, according to this page,

    http://www.khk.net/sane

the 1250 is not supported by the SANE Epson backend.  This printer does
apparently work somewhat with the Plustek and HP Scanjet 2200c backends.

Good luck,

Marc

On Wed 05/15/02 11:48, Kyle Accardi wrote:
> Would like to pick one up today.  I've perused the SANE Supported page and
> the Epson backend driver looks stable.  I know they make good printers and
> assuming the scanners are okay.
>
> USB would be best I think.  (I have scsi adaptors laying around, but don't
> really want to mess with that today).
>
> Having a little trouble finding anyone in town that carries Epson.
>
> Mfgr. & dealer suggestions welcome.
>
> --
> Kyle Acardi

---end quoted text---