[PLUG] Redhat Linux 7.3 Personal Edition

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu May 16 06:44:02 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 20:19, Alan wrote:

> > | A disc of applications (not downloadable, except on warez sites.)

The applications list I looked at, which was for the server version, I
think, contained demos of a lot of proprietary apps, which were time or
use limited.  I looked at the sites for a number of them, and they had
basically the same downloadable demos.

> > | Star Office 5.2
> > |
> > | I was kind of disappointed that they did not ship OpenOffice 1.0 or Star
> > | Office 6.0. I am not certain why they chose to go that route.
> >
> > Maybe these reasons:
> > OO 1.0 wasn't ready when they pressed the 7.3 CDs.
> > SO 6.0 is for sale by Sun.
>
> Star Office 6.0 is available on Mandrake 8.2 which was released a few
> weeks earlier.

But, as I recall, it was only available to their silver and gold
members, due to the extra cost.

Wil
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley at nakedape.cc
              * Linux and Network Consulting *
irc.linux.com                                     #orlug,#lnxs

The public demands certainties;  it must be told definitely and a bit
raucously that this is true and that is false.  But there are no
certainties.
		-- H.L. Mencken, "Prejudice"