[PLUG] Postfix SPAM filtering?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Thu May 16 20:03:49 UTC 2002

Please turn off html.

Thanks.

Take a look at my messages from last week. I put a script in here that
downloads a list of known spammers, and updates the access file to reject
them.

I had postfix set to reject mail servers that didn't reverse resolve, but I
found I was losing too much legitimate email by doing that.

You can also add black hole relay checks.

In your /etc/postfix/main.cf, you add the following:

smtpd_client_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/access,reject_maps_rbl
smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_maps_rbl
maps_rbl_reject_code = 554
maps_rbl_domains =
west1.mail-abuse.org,ns1-relays.osirusoft.com,relays.ordb.org

At 12:18 PM 5/16/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>My home email server has been getting hammered with so many spam emails
>lately... Is there something that helps check the emails before they make
>it through to the email account?
>
>I've looked but havent come across anything that appears to be easy enough
>to set up and maintain.
>
>any help or advice would be great. :-)
>
>-r0bbY

Russ Johnson