[PLUG] Postfix SPAM filtering?

Andrew Puch aapuch at attbi.com
Thu May 16 20:10:10 UTC 2002

On 2002.05.16 12:18 r0bbY russell wrote:
> My home email server has been getting hammered with so many spam emails
> lately... Is there something that helps check the emails before they make
> it through to the email account?
>
> I've looked but havent come across anything that appears to be easy
> enough to set up and maintain.
>
> any help or advice would be great. :-)

I now use, balsa + procmail.

here is the scripts that I use.

The procmailrc is setup for plug,

Add this to the end of the procmailrc file
:0
  * ^Subject:.*Flame
        /dev/null

Or this
:0
  * ^From:.*spamer
        /dev/null

Or you could use evolution, which is more WYSIWYG. As far as flitering,
calendering etc.
  -Now Available: Ximian GNOME for Red Hat 7.3, Mandrake 8.2, and
YellowDog 2.2

http://www.ximian.com/download/

Keep in mind that redhat upto date & redcarpet do not play nice.