[PLUG] Any experience installing Oracle 8.1.7?

Steve Jorgensen jorgens at coho.net
Fri May 17 08:01:36 UTC 2002

Thanks for the links!  I had not yet found that first one.

Currently, the Oracle installer, supposedly installs the JRE it wants from
its own CD, and I decided to avoid confusion by not installing -any- JRE
beforehand.  Thus, I'm presuming that mine is not the common JRE problem.
 It sounds, though, like I probably -would- have the glibc 2.2 problem also
referred to in the common issues link you provided, so I'll try the fix for
that, and see what happens.

Thanks again for the pointer.