[PLUG] display options

CurtisE CurtisE at CurtisE.net
Sat May 18 08:11:06 UTC 2002

Oh, someone more novice than me.  What a rare find. ;)

You can use the pipe symbol (|) (shift - backslash) to send the output of
your ls command to either less or more.  less is nicer than more, because
you can use your arrow keys to scroll back up.  So, the command would look
like this;

ls |less

or, if you want a long listing (shows files details);

ls -l |less

Note: In linux and some UNIX flavors, ll is a shortcut for ls -l.
So, ll |more would give you the same output as ls -l |more.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.

CurtisE