[PLUG] Radio network connection

sendai sendai at thedustyshelf.com
Mon May 20 00:19:05 UTC 2002

www.iirg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin at lists.pdxlinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin at lists.pdxlinux.org]On Behalf Of robinsom
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 4:59 PM
To: plug at lists.pdxlinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] Radio network connection

I am interested in finding out how to build two radios capable of sustaining
at least a 50k baud
data link between Scappoose and St. Helens without
a gurantee of line of sight.  I'm not subscribed to
the pluglist so please reply to robinsom at opusnet.com.  I am interested in
Blue Prints for building the radios and a good HOWTO on how to support them
with a 2.2.19 kernel.  I would do 802.11b, however, there is no line of
sight :-(
Is UHF the next best answer?  Ham?  CB radio?  A solution that doesn't
require a radio operator's license is preferred.

P.S. I expect to open the blueprints on a Redhat
     7.2 workstation with black and white printing
     services available through an HP Laserjet 6P.

     -  Thank You