[PLUG] Emacs modes.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon May 20 07:41:09 UTC 2002

On 19 May 2002, Andrew Puch wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-05-19 at 23:28, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> > Lilypond came with an Emacs major mode and I copied it here:
> >
> > /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-mode.el
>
> Hmm, you see this
> http://www.lilypond.org/wiki/?LilyPondInstall

Yeah, I read that.

>  Is there an emacs mode?
>
> Yes. It is included with the source archive as `lilypond-mode.el'. If
> you have an RPM it is in `/usr/doc/lilypond-<VERSION>/'. You have to
> install it yourself:
>
> Move lilypond-mode.el into a suitable directory (in this example:
> ~/usr/share/emacs/ ), and put the following into your emacs startup file
> (typically this is ~/.emacs)
>
> (setq auto-mode-alist
> 	      (append '(("\\.ly$" . lilypond-mode)
> 			)
> 		      auto-mode-alist))
>
> (autoload 'lilypond-mode "~/usr/share/emacs/lilypond-mode"
> 	 "Lilypond editing mode." t)

As I read this, I understood it to mean this autoloads the lilypond mode
when I edit a file ending in .ly.  That's all well and good, but I want to
enter lilypond mode from an empty buffer.

I can't imagine that I need to edit my .emacs file for that capability.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net