[PLUG] Considering adding 802.11 to my LAN

Sandy Herring sandy at herring.org
Mon May 20 15:21:48 UTC 2002

Based on the reviews and recommendations at http://practicallynetworked.com/
I got the SMC 7004AWBR Barricade Wireless Broadband Router and ORiNOCO PC
Card (Gold). I've been quite happy with them. My home LAN consists of my
Linux box (web server) connected via CAT5, my Windoze box (W2K) connected
via CAT5, my wife's Laptop (WinME) using the PCMCIA ORiNOCO PC Card (Gold),
and my daughter's eMachine (WinME) connected via the USB version of the
ORiNOCO PC Card (Gold).

Sandy