[PLUG] Playing MIDI.

Miller, Jeremy JMILLER at ci.albany.or.us
Mon May 20 17:15:32 UTC 2002

I can't remember if I got midi working on that card under linux or not
(debian).  I think I did... I might check later.  I remember it being a
pain, though.  Probably due to debian package age. :)  (Although there is
supposedly a "debian music distro" project that I may try one of these
days... http://www.demudi.org )

What I do remember is resorting to compiling and using the latest ALSA
drivers most of the time.   Sounds like you're using the included OSS Free
ones.  If you keep running into dead ends there, perhaps you could give ALSA
a try?

Jeremy