[PLUG] IP lookup

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Mon May 20 20:16:31 UTC 2002

Where do I go (on the Internet) to look up who uses a particular IP
address? I just got an automated e-mail from e-bay regarding a forgotten
password. It's connected to an old e-mail address of mine that I haven't
used for several years. Now that I think about it, I did make a short
try at using e-bay way back then, but didn't pursue it. Since I started
with @home, and now attbi, I've received occasional promotional e-mails
from e-bay sent to that old account. (I asked the old ISP to forward my
e-mail back before I dropped the account. They must have left the
forward flag set because I still get the odd e-mail from that old
account.)

Anyway, it appears that someone was trying to get at my old e-bay
account by requesting a password reminder. I'm just curious enough to do
a little looking at who might have made that request. The password
reminder e-mail from e-bay includes the IP address and the ISP host from
where the request was made.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens