[PLUG] "No medium found"

D. Cooper Stevenson cooper at linux-enterprise.net
Tue May 21 17:57:15 UTC 2002

Randy;

Would you please provide us with your ``mount'' command and the output of ``dmesg?'' This will help us determine your hardware and get your CD mounted. It may be the case that you are doing something like this:

    mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

That should be fine except ``/dev/cdrom'' points to a device that does not exist.

You can get a copy of dmesg by performing the following:

  dmesg > dmesg.txt

This will re-direct the output of the dmesg command to a file for later inclusion to your email.

-Cooper

Cooper Stevenson        |cooper.stevenson at wahchang.com
UNIX Administrator      |PH: (541)791-1322
Telledyne Wah Chang     |FAX: (541)924-6895