[PLUG] linux/unix vs. microsoft

T C tdcummings at yahoo.com
Tue May 21 19:01:35 UTC 2002

Here at work we are looking at replacing a real-time
SCADA system which currently runs on Unix.
Unfortunately some non-technical types are pushing for
a windows based system. Some of us REALLY don't like
this idea and need to come up with some ammunition to
defend our position. Can someone please point me to
web sites or other places where I can find info on:
server up-time comparisons, total cost of ownership,
number of support staff required for NT/2000 as
opposed to Unix, and any other information that might
help our cause.
Thanks for your help with this.

Terry