[PLUG] Latest round of Microsoft insecurity

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 21 21:03:33 UTC 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002, sendai wrote:

> This exploit has been going around for a while now but someone just scripted
> it the oth day and released it to the script-kiddies.

  I've not seen this in /var/log/messages, but I had a run on another
Microsoft worm over the weekend and yesterday (must have been a 3-day sale).
No message body, different subjects, but each had both audio and video
attachments that I couldn't even save to disk. Probably Microsoft
executables that just ran without being saved.