[PLUG] Postfix allows spam in but blocks report

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 22 19:21:41 UTC 2002

On 22 May 2002, Wil Cooley wrote:

> For one thing, you should move permit_mynetworks above the
> check_client_access lines.  None of your outgoing mail will ever be caught
> by them then, and you can selectively allow mail in from RBL-listed hosts
> (if you're using something like ORDB).

  Thanks, Wil. I wondered about this but neither the Postfix book nor docs I
found had anything specific about this. I did learn from Ed to put
check_relay_domains last. :-)

> Perhaps it was missed on the way in because you've got something in
> body_checks that wasn't in header_checks; when you forwarded the message
> (with full headers, I hope), you moved something from headers to body.

  Excellent! Of course what was "headers" in the incoming message becomes
"body" in the outgoing message. Could be.

  Getting postfix running initially was relatively simple. Tuning it to run
properly is like turning an old car into a race-winning performer. Careful
attention to fine-tuning details is required in every component.

  I've made the change and we'll see what happens now. :-)

Again, thanks,