[PLUG] CUPS configuration--Red Hat 7.3

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Thu May 23 22:01:34 UTC 2002

--- Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2002, Robert Kopp wrote:
>
> > I then turned to CUPS as a possible way to get
> better print quality.
> Robert,
>
>   Do you have /usr/sbin/printers?
No. Evidently if you have RH 7.3 it is not provided by
default, or the installation went wrong. (The reason
this point is worth lingering over is that Red Hat has
about half the total Linux market, at least in the
US.)

I have Caldera installed on the same computer, and do
not there have similar problems with print quality.
And their CUPS utility is easy to use. According to
what I've heard, Caldera is not continuing, at least
with Linux. But without the printing problem solved, I
am not now prepared to "migrate" to RH.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"SAMBA--opening Windows to a wider world."