[PLUG] NTFS and Linux

CopyRoom Copyroom at SCHWABE.com
Thu May 23 22:04:59 UTC 2002

Hi there, I am sort of a newbie to Linux and new to this list.  One of the topics I have been researching is enabling NTFS support on my RedHat 7.3 install (dual boot w/ XP).  Most of the info I have found says this should already be compiled in my kernel, but I can't seem to use it.  I also read that the driver has corrupted data before, has anyone has this happen?

I did go ahead and set up a FAT partition on my drive to exchange MP3's etc between the 2, but I am still curious about getting NTFS to work,

On the flipside, has anyone used the ext2fsnt driver with windows?  I was wondering if this will work with ext3 fs as well.

Thanks for your advice
Dave P