[PLUG] RPM v build from source- removing?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu May 23 23:57:24 UTC 2002

JM> Wow... I'm gonna have to check that thing out.  Thanks!  Debian
JM> can be painfully behind on some things sometimes... but the
JM> package system is so nice that I hate to stray from it (but of
JM> course have to).  I haven't built many programs that didn't have
JM> an uninstall, but it's a major pain when they don't.

JM> This would help a lot.

I prefer to just install to a local prefix.  Then uninstall really is
just an `rm -rf' and the price is just a tiny bit of $PATH
maintenance.  Don't have to worry about filename clashes that way,
either.  Don't need no steenking "make uninstall".

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible