[PLUG] RPM v build from source- removing?

Greg due.gatti at gmx.net
Thu May 23 17:47:07 UTC 2002

Heheh, sure, the two terms are hereby GPL'd ;)

I guess I first took a disliking to those little libs when I wanted to install gaim or some other gtk application (back when I was using an RPM based distro), and it required gnome-libs or kdelibs when I had chosen a 'no-gnome, no-kde' install option during the OS install process..and  I was thinking to myself, 'why? for 1 application?'..since then I'd downloaded source tarballs, learned to read and understand the why's and wherefores of config files, libs, etc, and then one day, along came Gentoo - source, control and user-education. I've become more "lib aware" and conscious of what I put on my system since using it.
Even now, I still tweak the ebuilds...I always attack the Mozilla ebuild and "--disable-mailnews" the puppy after an rsync update :)

-gerG