[PLUG] RPM v build from source- removing?

Michael H.Collins mike at linuxlink.com
Fri May 24 01:00:12 UTC 2002

I use XFCE.  can't find anything better.

On Thu, 23 May 2002 10:47:07 -0700
Greg <due.gatti at gmx.net> spewed into the bitstream:

~Heheh, sure, the two terms are hereby GPL'd ;)
~
~I guess I first took a disliking to those little libs when I wanted to
~install gaim or some other gtk application (back when I was using an
~RPM based distro), and it required gnome-libs or kdelibs when I had
~chosen a 'no-gnome, no-kde' install option during the OS install
~process..and  I was thinking to myself, 'why? for 1
~application?'..since then I'd downloaded source tarballs, learned to
~read and understand the why's and wherefores of config files, libs,
~etc, and then one day, along came Gentoo - source, control and
~user-education. I've become more "lib aware" and conscious of what I
~put on my system since using it. Even now, I still tweak the
~ebuilds...I always attack the Mozilla ebuild and "--disable-mailnews"
~the puppy after an rsync update :)
~-gerG