[PLUG] cleaning up memory

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Fri May 24 22:43:07 UTC 2002

hello,

I know that Linux/Unix will not release the memory for an application after
it has be exited until some other apps needs the memory.

However I need to test the speed of the loading of an application and would
like to know if there is a command on UNIX/Linux that will allow me to
force the OS to not look in existing memory location to load the
application again.

I have to do this on HP/SUN/LINUX/AIX.  I was hoping for a common command.

This is just to verify that the loading speed of an application is
improving.

Thanks,

Josh