[PLUG] Venue for font questions?

Sean Whitney sean_whitney at bigfoot.com
Fri May 24 23:05:08 UTC 2002

Try Format>Character>Font Effects>Effects>Small Capitals
Try Format>Character>Font Effects>Outline(checkbox)
Try Format>Character>Font Effects>Shadow(checkbox)
Sean

On Friday 24 May 2002 08:31, Rich Shepard hammered on some keys:
>   I'd appreciate some ideas for the appropriate venue in which to ask a
> question about font rendering (both on screen and on paper).
>
>   As I migrate from the now obsolete WordPerfect-8 to OpenOffice I have
> found that while all the Type1 typefaces I have installed are available for
> use, not all the attributes are. Specifically, the company's logotype is
> the name in a specific typeface and in small caps. OpenOffice does not --
> AFAIK -- let me select 'small caps' as an attribute; only 'bold', 'italic'
> (which is probably slanted, not italic in any case) and 'underline'. No
> 'small caps', 'outline', 'shadow' or other options.
>
>   I am curious whether or not such font rendering is possible as an add-on
> to OO or if I need to generate my own font based on the upper- and
> lower-case glyphs.
>
>   What say you all for the appropriate place to ask this question?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Sometimes love ain't nothing but a misunderstanding between two fools.