[PLUG] mp3 file question

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Sun May 26 21:36:27 UTC 2002

"Kenneth G. Stephens" wrote:

> The suggestion before was to create a small quiet file you combine in
> between the tracks you are collecting so that
> file1+quiet-zone-file+file2+quite-zone-file+ . . . .  Just record a few
> seconds of sound input with no input turned on.

Now that you mention it, I remember that recommendation. That answers
the question of how to put a gap between songs, but how do you combine
several files into one file? I'm assuming that simple concatenation
won't work due to the presence of a header in each file. What I'd like
is something that would work like cat, but would build a new header for
the finished file. Something like:

mp3cat file1.mp3 gap.mp3 file2.mp3 gap.mp3 file3.mp3 > newfile.mp3

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"