[PLUG] Interpreting postfix's statistics

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 28 13:59:00 UTC 2002

   Postfix mails a statistical summary and details for all mail it
processes. I don't understand all the categories and I haven't yet figured
out why, when postfix addresses it to 'postmaster', it also bounces it as
spam. I've not had any responses from my post to the mail help list so I'm
asking here.

  It may be better to do this in two parts: first, why the mail is bounced,
but gets to me in a roundabout way and second, what all the stats are
telling me.

  Would this be better done off the list?

Thanks,