[PLUG] Interpreting postfix's statistics

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Tue May 28 17:19:07 UTC 2002

Here's what I've got in root's crontab on the mail server:

# minute |  hour  |  date  | month  |  day  |         command
# (0-59) | (0-23) | (1-31) | (1-12) | (0-6) |
    59        23      *        *        *      perl \
/usr/local/pflogsumm-1.0.3.pl -d today /var/log/maillog

It runs right before midnight, giving the statistics for today, so I can
read them first thing tomorrow morning. As long as you are getting
root's mail on that server, the results will go to you. If not, edit
/etc/aliases appropriately.

-Dan Young
-Parkrose School District