[PLUG] OT, FYI...IBM Layoff

sendai sendai at thedustyshelf.com
Tue May 28 21:33:21 UTC 2002

You know this is a real opportunity for alot of people.  I know several
people I used to work with at Nortel did this.  A couple of guys who were
laid off organized alot of other guys who were laid off and they started an
employee owned company stealing Nortel's customers.  Anyone who wanted to
put money into the company got a partial ownership and if you didn't have
any money you could work there and accrue stock by by taking a lower salary
than usual.  If you weren't willing to do either then you couldn't get a job
there.  The company has been in business for two years now and everyone is
back to making the same money or more than they did at Nortel.  Some people
are making a lot more.

Point is if someone could get these people together and come up with a
reasonable business idea something could really come of this.  Something
better than what everyone had in the first place.

Something to think about guys.