[PLUG] Supermicro P3TDDE experiences?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed May 29 00:17:18 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> writes:

Russell> I am about ready to dump the flakey Abit VP6 for one of
Russell> these.  Anyone have any experience with them?

Well, the Supermicro P3TDDE came with today's FedEx truck, and I was
even able to confirm with the semi-english speaking support person
that it would indeed work with my P3's (Coppermine is okay, but
Tualatin's with only 256k cache won't do SMP, apparently).  Started
stuffing the motherboard into my ATX case, only to discover that it is
an inch deeper than the VP6 and my CDROM will no longer fit into the
box.  Two words sprung immediately to mind.

Can anyone recommend a place locally that sells a decent ATX case with
5 external 5.25-inch bays.  Probably need to be a full-height tower.
I've had a couple AOpen HX08's at the office for several years and
they would work.

Thanks!

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible