[PLUG] Your Resume

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Wed May 29 03:03:42 UTC 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Dhruva B. Reddy wrote:

[snip]
> Anyway, my idea is to come up with a format (open, of course!)
> specifically for resumes, based on XML (called, say, CVML--Curriculum
> Vitae Markup Language).  The point of this is to separate the content
> from the formatting.
>
> My vision includes a desktop application that takes the content and
> formats it however desired (HTML, LaTeX, RTF, even *shudder*...a Word
> document).  This application would also let the user edit the content,
> without worrying about the formatting.  Since the candidate would have
> access to the same application, they could format the resume themselves,
> if appropriate..."Here's my resume, both in CVML and Postscript"...
[snip]

You might want to take a look at these URL's (the first one has a link to
the second one):

   http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/resumeLibrary.html
   http://xmlresume.sourceforge.net/

they already have an XML DTD for resumes and some XSL style sheets for
formating (though I didn't seem one for Word), they list HTML, PDF and
plain text output formats.