[PLUG] OT, FYI...IBM Layoff

Neil Anuskiewicz neil at pacifier.com
Wed May 29 14:33:03 UTC 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Richard Seymour wrote:

> > By far, history's worst murderers and oppressors were those who thought
> > that way: Stalin, Hitler, Mao, etc., etc., etc., etc.
>
> I cry GODWIN on this thread:
>
> http://www.godwinslaw.com/

No, the spirit of Godwin's law states that one must invoke a comparison
*not* merely the mention of Hitler. For example, if I said Jeme is like
Hitler because he wants to do x, y and z, then you would be justified in
invoking Godwin's law and I would take my punishment: fifty lashings with
the unabridged version of _Stranger in a Strange Land_.

--
Neil Anuskiewicz
neil at pacifier.com