[PLUG] OT, FYI...IBM Layoff

Miller, Jeremy JMILLER at ci.albany.or.us
Wed May 29 18:16:43 UTC 2002

I second...

Lot's of good, interesting stuff.  But better for PLUG-talk.

Or someone start a new one to deal with the "starting a company from the
ashes" theme.

As for invocation of Godwin's Law... I dunno:

"By far, history's worst murderers and oppressors were those who thought
that way: Stalin, Hitler, Mao, etc., etc., etc., etc."

In this case "that way" is referring to the way one party sees the other
party thinking.  Sort of implying that they think the same way as the listed
persons.

I'm not so sure that a somewhat indirect comparison of ways of thinking,
i.e. "you think like Hitler", is beyond the scope or spirit of Godwin.
Maybe, maybe not.  If it is, it's awful darn close.  Perhaps we need an
"Interpretation of Godwin" thread.  :)

Jeremy

<snip>