[PLUG] A DNS/firewall problem

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 29 18:11:34 UTC 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> It looks like Aracnet has two official DNS servers:
>
> dns1.aracnet.com: 216.99.193.81
> dns2.aracnet.com: 216.99.193.19

  Aha! I must be out of date. I have the .2 in both /etc/resolv.conf and the
floppyfw config.

> I don't know about the 216.99.193.2 host (alpha.aracnet.com). Is it a
> listed DNS server?

  If not now, it was.

> It sounds like DNS woes to me. What I'd do is

  Yeah, me too. Guess it's time to install tinyDNS here. Wonder if I can do
that this evening without messing up too badly. :-)

> a. Make sure resolv.conf points to official Aracnet name servers
> b. Kill all mozilla-bin processes

  It's also ncftp.

> c. Try again

  Thanks, Paul.

  I'm off to get the keyboard and monitor for the firewall box so I can
reboot with new IP addresses for the DNS servers.