[PLUG] A DNS/firewall problem

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 30 01:53:51 UTC 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, J Henshaw wrote:

> Tcpdump would tell all
>
> The ftp module could be not loading,  wrong version, or port 20 needs
> attention.
>
> Can you post output of tcpdump?

  Ah, Jeff! You took the question right out of my fingers. :)

  In one v.t. I ran:  /usr/sbin/tcpdump -a host salmo > dump.log. In another
v.t. I ran an ncftp session; first connecting to ftp.sscgis.state.or.us,
then cd'ing to /pub/data/statewide/k24/, then asking for a listing (ls).

  Since you asked, the gzipped dump.log is attached (it's 73.2K naked). I
cannot interpret it, but someone more guru than I can, I'm sure.

Thanks,

Rich