[PLUG] usb scanners and linux

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Thu May 30 07:05:42 UTC 2002

Figured out the missing piece was to supply vendor and model to the modprobe
command ie,
	modprobe scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=0x0110

I had been under the assumption that scanner.o would magically know what
scanner was attached.

Andrew, did you get your setup working?  If you really need the new
scanner.c and scanner.h files you mentioned, they replace those of the same
names in your kernel source tree (drivers/usb/).  Of course, you'll need to
recompile your kernel.  Well, since you only need the scanner.o module, I
think you might be able to get away with

	make oldconfig && make modules && make modules_install

But perhaps not, if you're using RH's OEM kernel-source rpm you might have
to start from the beginning.

--
Cheers,
Kyle Accardi