[PLUG] RE: Steve Duin's column of 5/21/02

Michael H.Collins mike at linuxlink.com
Thu May 30 14:22:43 UTC 2002

On Thu, 30 May 2002 00:48:46 -0700
"Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm at toybox.placo.com> spewed into the bitstream:

~>-----Original Message-----
~>From: Eric Harrison [mailto:eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us]
~>Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 11:40 PM
~>To: Ted Mittelstaedt
~>Cc: PLUG; KLUG; pdx-freebsd at toybox.placo.com; Steveduin at aol.com
~>Subject: RE: [PLUG] RE: Steve Duin's column of 5/21/02
~>
~>library ;-). The jist of speech was that it is foolish at best to
~argue>why something is wrong unless you first understand why it is
~right.>
~
~One upon a time Microsoft software WAS right.  The PC revolution would
~never have gotten off the ground if it wern't for it.

I cannot get over how many people have bought this BS.  Microsoft/Intel
has stifled computing for almost 20 years.

In 83 I had a complete computer in a keyboard.  Vic-20  The form factors
would have gotten so small by now if not for Wintel computing would be
totally pervasive.  We would not even be talking about this.  We would
be way beyond it.

--

       .--.
     //   \ \    http://www.mdrconsult.com