[PLUG] What is on-topic

Neil Anuskiewicz neil at pacifier.com
Thu May 30 18:09:37 UTC 2002

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Carla Schroder wrote:

> Then what is Plugtalk for? I come here for technical discussions, not rants
> and half-baked philosophy. The thread in question went way beyond drift, it
> was well into careen.

The thread in question had very little to do with philosophy. It was about
open source vs. proprietary software (including Linux) in the schools. It
was on topic and an interesting and timely topic as important to Linux and
the future of Linux as anything else discussed here.

With all due respect Carla, the list is not just for what you came to
talk about it is also about what interests others. I routinely delete those
emails that don't interest me and read the ones that do interest me. I
recommend that you do the same.

--
Neil Anuskiewicz
neil at pacifier.com