[PLUG] What is on-topic

Don Buchholz don at truedisk.com
Thu May 30 18:23:24 UTC 2002

I, too, feel that some topics get beat to death on the
main PLUG list.  But, as a thread descends into good/evil,
debian/redhat, or (heaven forbid!) vi/emacs, it can be
difficult to know when to migrate it to PLUG-TALK.
It's not hard to change the "To:" address to add the
5 additional "-talk" characters -- and usually, once
one party in the midst of a thread does it, the move
sets in pretty well.

The one's that tend to peeve me ... are messages posted to
the main list with "Off-Topic" right there in the subject.

My $.02.

- Don